Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wecipe Wednesday - Oatmeal Raisin Muffins

So, after trying to search and make sure that I had not already posted this recipe I realized what a pain it is. People have to look through the whole post to see if that is the recipe that they are looking for. While I really DO want you to read the posts, it does create a problem when you know which recipe you are looking for because you have seen it before and you are trying to find it. Therefore, I am posting the recipe in the title. Hopefully this will make searching a little easier for you.

I admit, I don't like oatmeal raisin cookies. Something about them just seems wrong to me. The texture doesn't work for me either. So it seems odd that these muffins are among my favorites. The recipe is from a Dannon yogurt lid. I was bored one day and decided I wanted something different and new. I had all of the ingredients on hand so I made them, and the rest is history. Without further ado, here is the recipe.

Oatmeal Raisin Yogurt Muffins

You will need:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons double-acting baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup raisins, plumped (soak in water for 1/2 hour)
1 cup Dannon® Light 'n Fit® Vanilla

1 large egg, beaten lightly
2 Tablespoons canola oil


Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 and lightly grease 12 muffin tins or spray with cooking spray or use cupcake liners. In one bowl mix the first 7 ingredients. In another bowl mix the last 3 ingredients. Stir the yogurt mixture into the dry ingredients just until combined. Evenly fill the 12 muffin tins. Bake for 22-25 minutes.


Nutritional Information
Amount Per Serving
Calories 149.6
Total Fat 3.3 g
Saturated Fat 0.5 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.1 g
Monounsaturated Fat 1.8 g
Cholesterol 17.7 mg
Sodium 174.1 mg
Potassium 168.8 mg
Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 3.0 g