Saturday, February 27, 2010

Week 9 - Snowflake Saturday

Rather frustrated in the snowflake search this week.  Seems I keep finding links to patterns that are no longer available or the link is broken.  Many of the broken links are due to places like Hometown no longer hosting blogs!  Shame on them for just dumping all of those good patterns into cyber wasteland!  I, of course, am to impatient to visit the Way Back machine (AKA the internet archive) to see if some of the patterns I was searching for may have been archived.  Those that I did find, like 4 patterns being offered on Martha Stewart's site, just weren't appealing to me.  I prefer patterns where the design is the showpiece and not the blocking as that is my least favorite part.  Besides, if the blocking makes the design then if someone washes the snowflake and they aren't familiar with blocking, they lose the beauty!

After much searching, I came across this Crochet Snowflake Ornament, which is admittedly simplistic, but I am tired of searching today.

Love,