Wednesday, June 1, 2011

June Blooms day 1

Welcome to the first day of Sunflowers at Home's June Blooms, where every day in June we will create a different crochet flower.  These are great to add to hairclips, cards, scrapbook embellishments, hair elastics, pins, pens, and so much more.  Just let your imagination run wild!

I would love it it you shared YOUR June Blooms with me on my facebook page.

Today's June Bloom is from Akua on Zen Crochet.  You can find the pattern for Akua's Daisy here
 I did mine using a size 7 steel crochet hook and 6 strand embroidery thread. Where the pattern says "sl ring"  I took that to mean a magic circle.  So that is what I did.  Also, when working this pattern, make sure that you keep the right side of your work facing out.  The first one I made kept flipping so that the right side was facing in and that just didn't look right.  Also, if you use the magic ring you can use the tail after you tighten the ring to adjust how "poofy" you want your center to be by pulling the tail and then once you have it right, weave it in.

The leaf pattern is my own.  Simply make a magic circle.  In the circle work 2 sc, hdc, dc, 3 trc, ch 2, sl st in top of the 3rd trc, 2 trc, dc, hdc, sc join to first sc and tighten magic circle.

I used mine on a hair clip for Princess A.  I think she is going to have a LOT of hair clips by the end of the month!
Until next time,