Tuesday, June 7, 2011

June Blooms Day 7

Today marks one week of flowers!!  Princess A now just assumes that if I am hooking it must be a flower for her.  LOL.  I only wish that she was as excited about actually wearing them as she seems to be at the prospect of wearing one.  They still only last about an hour or so before she starts tugging them out.  Any suggestions?

Okay, today's flower is called a Croco-Flower.  The creator uses a crocodile stitch (which I have NEVER heard of so this was a new one for me too) to create the flower and the center is a button.  I can picture this one on a hat or a headband or maybe as a pin.  You can find the pattern here.  It is pretty simple and is actually only a two round pattern.  My flower using a G hook and WW yarn came out to be approximately 3 1/2 inches in diameter.  Would love to see what yours looks like.  Please post pictures on my facebook page here or tag Sunflowers at Home when you post it.



Until next time,