Wednesday, January 25, 2012

hearts!

My hooks and needles were getting a little dusty lately.  When I was changing out my shelf decorations in my hallway I realized I didn't have anything Valentine-y to replace what had been hanging on the wall.  So I turned to Ravelry and searced for some heart patterns.  First I made this one:


This is one of the hearts from the Granny Heart Bunting designed by Sandra Paul.  If you get confused with any aspect of the pattern, she has created a great step by step photo tutorial here.  While I love this heart, it blends in a little to much with my white walls so rather than redo the entire heart I decided to add another heart on top of this one.


Much better if I do say so myself.   I like the small pattern so much that I am considering making several of them in thread and sticking them on some small cards as valentine's presents.  What do you think?  You can find the pattern for the small heart designed by Addy here

Are you valentine crafting?  What are you making?  Looking for another heart pattern?  Check out my heart bookmark pattern, it's free!
Until next time,