Wednesday, March 13, 2013

40 hats in 40 days week 4

This week was for the boys again.  I also got a little behind this week and found myself having to do some work on Sunday to catch up.  I have got to remember that some of these knitting projects take longer to complete than crochet!   Here are the hats I made:


Day 17 - The Gooseberry Hat designed by Suvi Simola.  You can download the PDF pattern available on Ravelry here.  I cast on 72 stitches to get a smaller, newborn size.  The pattern is easily adjustable.


Day 18 - The Ribbed Crochet Preemie Hat designed by Donetta Johnson and available on her blog One Day at a Time.  The direct link is here.  This one is super stretchy and easily adjustable!


Day 19 - The Basketweave Baby Hat designed by Carole Barenys.  I had to make some adjustments to get a newborn size.  I cast on 68, only worked 6 rows of ribbing and worked the pattern for 4.5 inches before beginning decreases.  I have always liked a basketweave pattern!  You can find this pattern on Carole's sight, Carole's Baby Knits or by clicking here.


  Day 20 - Owl hat designed by yours truly. Sorry about the picture quality, so not a photographer here.  You can find my pattern here.


Day 21 - Preemie Hat #4584 by Bernat Design Studios.  This hat took FOREVER to complete.  It is basically an 8 inch single crochet tube.  Not my favorite pattern and one I probably won't make again.  You do have to join the Bernat site to get access to this pattern but membership is free and you will have TONS of free patterns at your fingertips once you join.  You can find the pattern here.


Day 22 - Crochet Cables Baby Hat designed by Emma Duffy.  This one works up super quick and I really like the cable look.  You can find the pattern on her blog, Crafty Corner, or go directly to the pattern by clicking here.

It's back to the girls next week and I have a couple of patterns I can't wait to try.  If you have a free pattern you think would be perfect for this, please share it with me!  It is about this point in my personal challenge that I begin to start panicking about finding cute, free patterns.  You can leave them in the comments section or send me an email.

Until next time,