Thursday, January 8, 2009

New Year, New Me!

It's a brand new year, and time for me to start improving my life one step at a time. There are many things that I reflected on when coming up with New Year resolutions, I am overweight, adjusting to being a SAHM again, I will have to adjust to my wonderful husband going back to work soon, and I am currently struggling with a bad situation with my oldest daughter's grandparents and trying very hard not to be bitter towards them. Money is really tight, but honestly I can't remember when I was happier with my life. God has definately blessed my family and provided for us in 2008, I can't wait to see what he has in store for us in 2009.

So, what are my resolutions you ask. First, I am going to work on getting healthy again. I had lost about 35 pounds before we found out we were being blessed with another addition to our family. Over those 9 months and the 5 months since her birth I gained every bit of it back and then some. So, it's back on track in 2009. As I said before money is tight, which means no Curves membership, no Weight Watchers meetings or Jenny Craig. However, there is SparkPeople! I love SparkPeople! It is a free online community that helps with nutrition plans, exercise plans, accountability and tracking. There are many Christian groups at SparkPeople to provide moral support too. If you are looking to lose weight in 2009, why not give SparkPeople a try?

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

So that takes care of physical me for 2009, but wait! There's more! Today in my email I recieved an email from the Christian Stay at Home Mom group talking about the 1 Corinthian 7:5 Challenge. For those of you that don't immediately recall what this verse says (I sure didn't) here it is:

5Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent
and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer.
Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you
because of your lack of self-control.
(NIV)
This verse is for husbands and wives. Now, I don't know about you, but after a long day of taking care of the baby, checking homework, cleaning, cooking dinner, running errands etc, this is definately the verse I think about when I finally get to crawl into bed at night! However, maybe all of us married ladies should be. So I figured I would give the challenge a shot and see how it goes. After all, the worst case scenario is that I get a bit more nookie! What's so bad about that?! So I invite you to join me in the I Corinthians 7:5 challenge Just click the button below to learn more
Between the two of these, 2009 should be the beginning of the New Me! Hope you decide to join me in at least one of my resolutions. If so, please post and let me know which one. If not, let me know what your resolution for this year is!