Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Wecipe Wednesday

Happy Earth Day!
Do something good for the planet today and remember who created it!
It's another edition of Wecipe Wednesday. I wasn't able to get this post done and ready so that it could be posted on time, but such is life with 4 children. I spent yesterday searching for a paisley material to make K's dress for her choir preformance. They are doing a 60's theme and she asked me to make her a dress for it. We are using a simplicity pattern 3559

I didn't realize how hard it would be to find a paisley! After 3 stores I finally found some. We ended up getting a green and turquise color. I will post a pic when we get it done. Of course I ended up buying some material for baby A as well. I guess the material I had bought for 3 other dresses for her was not enough! LOL! Oh well, busy hands make a happy heart.

On to today's recipe. We actually had this for dinner last night and I meant to snap a pic, but it disappeared to fast! It is a modification of one I found on Allrecipe.com that was submitted by Marie.

Apple Pork Chops

1 Tbsp Olive Oil

2 apples cored and sliced

6 center cut pork chops

salt and pepper and onion powderto taste

2 Tbsp brown sugar

1 1/2 Tbsp coarse ground mustard

1/8 tsp ground cloves

3/4 cup water

2 tsp cornstarch

Direction

Preheat oven to 375. Place a large skillet on the stove on medium-high. Add olive oil. Sprinkle salt, pepper and onion powder on both sides of chops. Brown in skillet on both sides. Place chops in a 10 by 13 pan. Cover with apple slices. Mix water, brown sugar, mustard, and cloves and pour over chops. Place in oven uncovered for 30-45 minutes. Pour liquid from pan into a small pot, bring to a boil. Make cornstarch slurry with cornstarch and a small amount of water. Add slurry to liquid and stir for about 1 minute or until thickened. Pour over chops.

We like to serve this with yellow jasmine rice. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!