Thursday, July 16, 2009

Humpty Dumpty

In an earlier post I told everyone about my poor laptop and the hope that it was not like Humpty Dumpty and that my computer guy could fix it. While the wonderful man from church was unable to fix it, I did take it back to Mr. Fix-it, the paid computer guy. After a day in his shop I got the bad news. The wiggle jiggle in the power cord caused an electrical arc to the motherboard and melted the motherboard rendering the laptop useless. While it will currently still power up, it does continue to arc and is a huge fire hazard if I use it. The company that manufactured my laptop 3 years ago no longer manufactures in the US. Translation, can't buy a motherboard to replace mine.

As a result, my blog posts are going to become very limited until I can replace the laptop. My desktop computer is in a room that isn't Baby A proof, or Baby A friendly. So computer time will be limited to her nap times. During that time I will be primarily updating and working on the church website, making blogging secondary. I will continue to share any patterns that I create, but scripture cards, recipes, and freebie posts are not going to be a weekly occurrence until I can get something better worked out.

In the mean time, I hope that everyone is blessed with a wonderful summer, if you have children get down on the floor and play with them while you still can. Take the time to look around you and enjoy the world that God created and the beauty that surrounds you. May God bless each of you!


Love,

2 comments:

Doreen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh Ginny I am so sorry to hear abour your predicament...I was in the same boat abour two months ago and I too could not afford it immediately and decided to save up for the parts I needed. BUT God works in mysterious ways and my family that is my DH, DD, DS and his DGF got together and bought me all new parts for my Birthday and my son installed the programs for me...I am now a very happy lady. I wish the same to you dear friend.
By the way those are very wise suggestions you gave...the memories you make with your kids are indeed priceless and the time you spend with them memorable.
I am hoping and praying you will get something fixed soon so you can be on line more often : )

Sarah Dawn said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Laptops can be such a great tool, but praying God's blessings for you in a beautiful new way.

Delighted to meet you! Just found your site via CSAHM. I just started this blogging adventure a few months ago, but continue to be amazed at the joy, encouragement, and faith that I find.

Keep writing, the world is reading.

Hugs from this missionary mommy,
Sarah Dawn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Creative Commons License
This work by Sunflowers At Home is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.