Monday, October 12, 2009

Monday Musings

Have you ever had one of those weeks where it just feels like nothing is going right for you? Last week was one of those for me. I felt like no matter what I tried to do roadblocks kept popping up and I kept getting more and more frustrated and aggravated. It took 4 days to make the hand sanitizer sleeves which was nuts since they only take about 20 minutes to make each one. I didn't finish J's hat until just a few hours ago. The list goes on and on of things that I didn't get accomplished.

I spent half of the church service outside with baby A because she was in a fowl mood and wouldn't stay quiet. Fortunately I am the person who maintains the website so I get a copy of the sermon to edit and post every Sunday. This weeks sermon really hit home with me.

Pastor Doss spoke on how we tend to come up with tons of excuses about not having time to do anything. I really felt that way lately. One of the things that he said was that we need to look at our time differently, more like money. Rather than "spending" our time we need to "invest" it. Examine the activity and decide if it will add value to our life. I have to admit that many of the things that I did last week that prevented me from accomplishing many of my tasks added little to no value to my life.

The second thing that he said that really hit home with me was this... it isn't MY time. Seriously, how often have we all said that "I just don't have time to do that"? Whether it be a daily Bible Study, daily prayer time, helping out at church, sending someone a card to let them know they are thought of and not alone. The reality of the matter is that it isn't MY time. I only have the time that God has given me. I don't know how much that is so I should make sure that I am investing it in the the things that matter, the things that are truly important to me.

And that is why I have chosen Psalm 90:12 for this weeks scripture card. Take a minute and consider just how short life really is so that you can prioritize and spend what time you have been given wisely.

Photobucket
As always, feel free to click the above picture so that you can download a higher resolution image suitable for printing. If you chose to post this on your own site or blog, please give credit and a link to my blog.

Love,