Monday, October 19, 2009

Monday Musings

It has been another great weekend. Hubby got to go hunting on Saturday with H. I still don't have any successful hunting children, but they got to spend the morning together which they seemed to enjoy. Hubby bagged several squirrels.

In addition we were able to spend a wonderful afternoon after church at a fellowship lunch with our church family. Great food and good company make for a happy day. It still amazes me that a small, relatively new church can feel so much like home to us. It is great knowing that we have found where it is God wants us to be, and to be so happy there.

I hope that this week ends up being a very productive one. I hope to put my first item in my Etsy shop. I don't know how that will work out, but everyone who has seen my hand sanitizer clippies has suggested I sell them so I decided to give it a go. That means that I won't be offering that pattern on here as a freebie. I also plan to design a headband pattern to make for the girls for Christmas presents. I need to complete 5 12 inch crochet squares for J's Christmas pillowghan. I need to finish the sweater I am making for God's Tiny Angels and start on baby A's sweater. I also want to get to Wal-mart and purchase some heavy fusible interfacing to make a Bible cover for each of the kids for Christmas as well. I had intended to work on presents throughout the year since this is supposed to be a homemade Christmas. Like most things though I put it off and now I will be scrambling for the next 2 months trying to get it all done!

I did do this weeks scripture card. I used the "ecouraging word" from KLove today. I think it is timeless and sometimes we all need to be reminded of this simple truth.

Photobucket

Anger has been my thorn lately. It may be due to lack of sleep, but that is not an excuse. Hopefully if I focus on this verse this week I will be better able to react to life and turn it over to God. As always, please click the image to download a better resolution suitable for printing. Feel free to use this image, but if you post it somewhere please include a link back to my blog! Have a great week!

Love,