Sunday, April 4, 2010

Week 14 - Snowflake Saturday

This weeks snowflake is one I stumbled across on accident.  As with most things, I made a few changes,
First of all, the pattern doesn't give you a beginning chain, I followed the suggestion of one of the commenters and used a chain of 16 and slip stitched to for a ring.  I used size 30 thread.  It wasn't on purpose but the size 10 was buried at the bottom of the yarn basket so i grabbed what was on top.  My final adjustment was on round 4 where it says " ch 3, in next ch-7 lp work sc, ch 3, sc, ch 5, sc, ch 3, and sc; ch 3**"  I replaced that with:
ch 3, skip next 3 dc, sc in first chain of the ch 7, ch 3, skip next chain, sc in 3rd chain of the ch 7, ch 5, sc in 5th ch of the ch 7, ch 3, sc in 7th chain of the ch 7, ch 3**

It gives you the same look but prevents the stitches from shifting on the ch 7 and keeps them evenly spaced.  For me it makes it easier to block this way.  Hope you enjoy it!  Here is the original pattern from Better Homes and Gardens, it is simply called a Crocheted Snowflake Ornament.    Hope you enjoy it!

Love,