Thursday, November 18, 2010

Day 4 - Ten Days of Turkey

I have my first ever guest blogger!!  (I know you can't see me but I am jumping for joy...come to think of it, it is probably a good thing you can't see me! LOL)  I would like to welcome Amber from Red Mommy Crafts.  This woman does some amazing things in her little neck of the woods.  She creates some really great recipes and some fun projects.  I am so thankful that she shares them with all of us.  Can't wait to see what she comes up with for Day 4 of our Ten Days of Turkey!  So without further ado.....heeeerrrreee's Amber!

Hi everyone! I just want to let you all know how exciting this is for Ginny to allow me to share one of my Thanksgiving crafts! I have all thought about what I am going to post all week. I went back and forth with myself on whether I should do a craft or a recipe. As you can see, I decided to go with a craft.



I am a SAHM with two girls, Jaiden 6 and Arya 3, so we are always looking for projects we can do together. This turkey craft is a fun and easy project you can do with your kids. We had so much fun making our turkeys last year that the girls want to make them again!




To make each turkey you will need:
Paddle ball paddle
Brown craft paint
2 wiggle eyes
scrap of red craft foam
scrap of orange craft foam
feathers
glue

1. Remove ball from paddle
2. Paint paddle with 2 or 3 coats of brown paint
3. Cut a triangle out of orange foam for beak
4. Cut a squiggle out of the red foam for a waddle
5. Glue eyes, beak, and waddle to the front of the paddle
6. Glue a feather to the top back of the paddle
7. Glue 3 feathers to the back of the paddle on each side

That’s it! It really is that easy!! Just be sure to have fun while you are doing this with your kids!

Thanks again to Ginny for allowing me to share one of our family crafts!!

Amber


Didn't I tell you she came up with some really cute crafts.  And to think I was just at the Dollar Tree and passed up the paddle balls.  Looks like Princess A and I are heading back in the morning!

Until next time,