Monday, June 6, 2011

June Blooms Day 6

Good morning all!  Today's flower is called the Crochet Marigold from Art of Crochet by Teresa.  Mine is a bit modified because when I saw the pattern I instantly thought of Princess A's blue jean halter top dress that his this bit of embroidery on it:
I know, not a great picture but you get the idea right?  Anyway, The pattern calls for you to create a center portion and then 2 petal portions and then sew them all together.  I just created the center and the first petal portion for mine.  I used 6 strand embroidery thread and a size 7 steel hook for my flower.  It turned out to be about 1 1/2 to 2 inches across, depending upon how the petal lay.  Mine likes to curl up.
I put this one on a hair elastic by cutting a small circle of felt.  Then I sandwiched the metal connector on the elastic between the felt circle and my flower and secured it with hot glue.  Princess A actually kept this one in for about 2 hours before tiring of it.  Would love for you to post your flower on the Sunflowers at Home Facebook page!

Until next time,