Friday, May 18, 2012

Off the Hook and on the needle

Still working on Princess A's afghan.  It's slow going but at least it isn't buried in the bottom of the basket anymore!

I also have a burial gown on my needles.  It breaks my heart making it, it's so small.  It is by request of God's Tiny Angels which has a hospital requesting gowns for the small babies that are called to heaven (2-3 lbs).  I found several patterns on Ravelry and chose to make this one first since it is unisex.

Off the needles is this cute little bolero I made for Princess A with some Simply Soft yarn.

I modified the Ribbed Lace Bolero by Kelly Maher.  You can check out my notes at find the pattern here.  

And here is my off the hook project:
(I know, I know!  Sorry for the overexposure!)

Another cocoon for God's Tiny Angels, only this one is Christmas-y.  The white is done in chenille and the red is actually more of a maroon color, it's an acrylic.  

The cocoon is also a sneak peak of what's to come in July.  I am planning an WHOLE month of Christmas projects, a different one every day, to share with you.  Maybe if we get started early we won't be weaving in ends on Christmas Eve.  Anything in particular you would like to see?  Leave me a comment and let me know! 


Until next time,