Tuesday, October 16, 2012

GTA projects

Just wanted to share a few projects that recently came off of my hooks for God's Tiny Angels.  With Christmas coming up I am switching gears and crafting more for Operation Christmas Child and for gift giving.  Yesterday I made four of the crowns I talked about here to include in shoeboxes.

First up is the Sweet and Lo sweater designed by Ashley Tisdale.
I worked this by holding two strands of WW yarn together.  To be honest, I didn't really like the way this turned out.  It feels to big and bulky to be a 0-3 months size.  I like the design but would have preferred more stitches and less bulk.

Next was the Looks Like Knit Crocheted, Shaped Baby Hat which you may remember from my crafting for Lent series this year.  This is a quick and easy pattern to whip up that always turns out adorable!
It is worked side to side and then seamed but you shape it as you go.

Next was another sweater, and this one can be found on the GTA website or on Ravelry here.  It's called the Hugs Baby Sweater for Boys.
This was also worked using the Pound of Love yarn from Lion Brand.  While the pattern says this is for a boy, it seems kind of girly to me.  It also came out rather larger than I expected.  I might go down a hook size or use a lighter weight yarn next time.  I love the pattern though!

And finally I made the Simple Simon hat designed by Elizabeth Cote.
This pattern include a "tail" design for both a boy and a girl.  Really quick to knit and rather mindless to make so it is great to make while sitting in front of the TV.  There is also a link in the pattern to make a cute little leaf to attach to it.

Not only was I able to make these items from the Pound of Love, but I also made another Simple Simon hat and a baby blanket.  Unfortunately I didn't get pictures before I wrapped them up for a baby shower.  :o(  

Until next time,