Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Baking Day

I am on a domestic diva kick. Mr. Sunflowers has been watching Alton Brown's Good Eats ever since we found it for free on Amazon Prime. Our list of "to try" recipes has grown tremendously. Last week we watched an episode in which he made oat bread ( Oat Cuisine II ). We have been eating whole wheat/whole grain breads for some time now and love it. So we decided to give this recipe a try. To be honest I was a bit scared of it. I have no luck with yeast breads, especially if it requires two rise sessions. My first successful attempt was the pretzel bites and that was only a single rise. Still, I hit the store and began the process. After mixing and 10 minutes of hand kneading this is what I set aside to rise:
After punching it down, placing it in the pan in the fridge for its 8-15 hour second rise and then baking, this is what we had to eat:
and it was YUMMY! I am currently waiting for my second batch to rise. I think our days of buying bread at the store are done! If you want to give it a try you can find the recipe on Food Network here.  Until next time,