Wednesday, May 13, 2020

What I am up to...

It has been a busy crafting week.  I finished up an order for this adorable baby Elvis costume:

and a Peanut the Pup.
 
I also worked on this crochet mask cover for my daughter to wear at work.  This is not a CDC approved mask.  Rather it is a cute cover to wear over paper masks to extend their life. It can also be worn as a reminder to NOT touch your face.  These do not filter germs, but they may reduce large droplets from escaping when coughing or sneezing.


When she wore hers, one of her friends ordered this cat version.


Unfortunately all this hook work has caused my wrist, which was injured in a car accident a few years ago, to act up again. Looks like I am going to have to put myself in a crochet time out. 

The good news is that the weather is warming up here and I can start to transplant my seedlings to the garden.  Sunflowers were planted today.  The echinacea will probably go in tomorrow. My Lemon Balm, peppermint, sage and thyme have already popped up and are looking great.  Only one of my yarrow plants are making a comeback; I may have to order or forage some more of that.  The chamomile seedlings are doing great and should be ready to transplant in a few weeks. 

I am working to restock my Etsy shop. I have a few crown ideas floating around in my head, a cuddle cat, a few birds in nests, maybe a doll or two.  What would you like to see in the shop?