Saturday, January 9, 2010

Snowflake Saturday

How fitting that I am working on snowflakes when everything outside is covered in snow.  It really is beautiful and I am amazed at how God can transform a bleak, dead environment into something clean and gorgeous.

I think that I have decided that I will be attempting to make extra snowflakes.  I plan to create a tag for them that includes a poem that a friend from my CraftSayings forum wrote that talks about how we are each made unique and individual by God and that no other is like us.  After attaching the tag to the snowflake I plan to use them as tracts.

In the past my family has purchased the million dollar bill tracts.  It became a game with us to see how creative and sneakily we could leave them places for others to find.  H actually was able to fold one up and toss it into someone's open purse while we were shopping once!  We have placed them in the plastic bags at the grocery store to be hidden under the next customers purchases to be discovered when they get home.  We have even hidden them in coat pockets and socks on display at stores.  I think it would be really neat to use the snowflakes through the winter months instead.

This weeks pattern is from Julie Bolduc of JPF pattern club.  I didn't use the suggested hook, instead I used a size 10 hook which gave me a finished snowflake that was 3 inches from point to point using size 10 thread.  The pattern is called Pretty Snowflake.  Hope you like it!  Here is mine:

Love,