Saturday, February 19, 2011

Snowflake Saturday - Feb. 19

I don't know if any of you are on Ravelry but if you spend any time knitting or crocheting then you should be!  It is a community entirely dedicated to the yarn arts, including spinning yarn.  I could spend months on that site.  Lots of patterns by some wonderful designers.  Even better, it is free to join.  Even better...lots of patterns only available to ravelry members!
So why do I tell you all of this?  Simple.  My next four snowflakes are coming from a Ravelry designer named Christine Blair.  She has kindly offered up a free leaflet of snowflake designs from her Ravelry store TXCr1cket Creations   The leaflet is called Four Tiny Snowflakes and is worked in size 10 thread and uses a size 6 steel hook.  Unfortunately, without a Ravelry account, you can't get the patterns because they aren't offered elsewhere that i could find.  (Some designers post both on a personal blog and on Ravelry, like me!)  Will post a pick of each snowflake over the next 4 weeks.

Unfortunately, I haven't done the first one yet....but I will....and soon!  Come back to check it out or just download the pdf pattern and make your own!


Until next time,