Friday, June 3, 2011

June Blooms Day 3

Morning all.  I pray that today finds you happy and well and that you are surrounded by blessings.  Today's pattern was created by Julie, aka SkaMama, who happens to be an editor for Tension Magazine and an author for Uncommon Crochet.  She has TONS of beautiful patterns on her site, both free and for purchase.  Be sure to check it out here.  Today's flower is called the Picot Flower and is a really neat way to get a two layer, multi-color flower without having to do any sewing.  Keep in mind that color A will be your center color and color B will be the petals in the back.  When you begin working on the back petals keep in mind that you hook enters back of the work to front and then through the center to pull up a loop.

Again I worked mine using embroidery thread.  I used a size 8 hook since my size 7 seems to have run away from me. :(    My finished flower was about 1 3/4 inches diameter.  I think these would be lovely as the center of squares in a granny afghan, or possibly an embellishment on a hat or purse.  They are a bit bigger than I prefer for hair accessories for Princess A.  Then again maybe I can glue it to a barrette.  I have the perfect outfit to go with it!

Until next time,