Monday, March 26, 2012

Lent Hats week 6

My stash of baby appropriate yarn is starting to dwindle, I may have to {gasp} buy some more yarn! 

If you haven't already, head over to my book review blog and enter to win a copy of Frank Peretti's new book, Illusion.  Only 3 days left and right now you stand a really good chance to win since there are currently on 10 entries as I write this post!



Hat 1 is the Very Basic Baby Beanie by Janet Russell.  Super simple and classic style.

Hat 2 is the Stretchy Crocheted Hat (yes, the first pattern repeat) I added some crochet spirals to the top

Hat 3 is the Basket Weave Baby Hat  you can't really see the basket weave texture in the photo but I promise it is there!

Hat 4 is the Crochet Baby Hat by Kathy Shute.  The weather here had started to warm up and I wanted to make a little sunhat.  This is quick to work up and cute on Princess A's dolls so I hope it will be cute on a baby too

Hat 5 is from the Little Baby Filet Crochet  set by Kathy North.  There is a cute blanket to match at the link as well

Hat 6 is the Tea Time Baby Beanie.  I struggled with this one the entire day until I realized I was reading the pattern incorrectly!  After that it went really fast!

So there you have it, and I now have a total of 28 Lent hats.  I just sent off a package to God's Tiny Angels that included the hats I have made so far and a few sweaters, booties and dresses.  Please consider making an item and donating it if you chose to use any of the patterns I have shared.

Until next time,

2 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love the post. Some great ideas forbeanie hats. Thanks.

Ginny Blankenship said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Glad to share, and so glad that others have generously offered their patterns for us to use!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Creative Commons License
This work by Sunflowers At Home is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.