Friday, February 10, 2023

Valentine Round up 2023

I love making handmade gifts for friends and family (and I hope they like receiving them too!). I think that there is nothing more special than a gift in which someone puts effort, time and thought into, especially when you can just click a few buttons and have a gift sent to someone that you never even physically saw or touched.  

Valentine's day is next week, so I thought I would round up a few patterns that can completed quickly (meaning this weekend!!) and yet are beautiful.  As a bonus, all of them are free (other than materials).

First up is the Quick Ombre hat from Emily Dormier.  I love how the stranded color work in this knit pattern looks like little hearts!  This pattern is available in sizes preemie to adult.

For the child in your life there is the Owl Always Love You Valentine Caddy from Holly's Hobbies.  I just love how adorable this is!  And the heart pocket on the front is perfect for holding a Valentine treat!

 

And for the book lover in your family, there is always my own Valentine bookmark.  It works up super fast and is thin enough it will fit in any book without a big ole hump in the pages.  (and yes, I know I really need to update my photo!)

 

And what woman in your life wouldn't love these comfy looking slippers from Kinga Erdem of My Hobby is Crochet?  Made with worsted weight yarn for a fast project.  Kinga also includes not only written directions, a chart for the heart portion, but also a video tutorial!  

And make sure you subscribe, because I will have a super quick pattern available on Valentine's day for that last minute gift.