Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday Musings

I hope that every one of you had a wonderful Mother's Day. My dear husband spoiled me greatly and to be honest I enjoyed every minute of it. It wasn't anything big or extravagant. I simply got to watch a movie with my family, he cooked dinner, and I got to eat Death by Chocolate ice cream! I loved every minute of it.

I also survived singing in front of the church yesterday. Now that it is over, I am glad that I did it. Lately I have been struggling with the "trust and obey" portion of being a Christian. For me, listening and obeying on this was a step closer to God. Did my singing have any other purpose? I don't know and may never know. Perhaps it was just a test for me. Either way, it was a good thing.

On to today's scripture card. I took the weekend off and didn't work on this until this morning. I was writing a devotion for my Christian Stay at Home Mom board at Sparkpeople and began the devotion with a verse that was used during the service yesterday from 1 Peter. It was dealing with a woman's beauty coming from inside rather than outside. (You can read the devotion below) While writing it triggered a song that I had used to teach a lesson in Sunday School once based upon a different Bible verse. This week I decided to use it as the Scripture Card. Hope that you like it!

As always you can click on the picture to download a better resolution image to print and use yourself to aide in memorization or as an encouragement card. Please do not post the image on your own site without consulting me first. However, feel free to post a link to my blog if you would like! Have a great day!