Friday, May 27, 2011

Feature Friday - Mario

How many of you remember Mario and Luigi on the old Nintendo?  I have to be honest, I may have played the game once when I was a kid.  Never was a gamer.  I discovered this past Christmas that I am still not a gamer.

We were wandering around our local GameStop and I was looking for a game that the family could play together on our Wii.  I came across New Super Mario Bros. Wii and really thought this would be fun to play.  I got the game as a Christmas present from Mr. Sunflowers.  We sat down one night to play it.  The kids loved it.  Hubby loved it.  I hated it.  I don't know if it was because my family gets to competitive and I am just not a good player which leads to a lot of "hurry up mom!" or "do you want me to do this part for you?" (boy doesn't that one just make you feel like an awesome player!) and not a good time.  So my family plays together without me and I am still searching for the ultimate, fun family Wii game.  (Any suggestions?)

So what drew me to this game in the first place?  I love the characters.  Mario, Luigi, Toad, Princess.  They are just so darn cute!  So this week I am featuring amigurumi Mario Bros. characters!  Fortunately I an not the only one who thinks they are cuties.  Linda Potts has created many of the characters and kindly posted her patterns over at her site WolfDreamer off the Hook.  Check out a sampling:




Linda has several other Mario Bros. on her site as well as Pokemon patterns.  (I used her pattern for Pikachu to make a stocking stuffer for Little Man one year.)  Her patterns are very well written and easy to follow, best of all they are free!  Hope you found some weekend inspiration!

Until next time,