Tuesday, March 19, 2013

40 Hats in 40 Days week 5

This is going to be a quick post.  Been a pretty busy week this week and I haven't really had time to update much of anything.  The weather has been crazy (i think our friend Phil the groundhog played a joke on us) with snow flurries, rain, 65 degree days followed by 40 degree days.  It has been difficult to get decent pictures of the hats so please keep that in mind when you are looking at the pictures.  That being said, here are last weeks hats:


Day 23 - the Summer Shells Baby hat designed by Beverly Button.  I used a G hook to get more of a newborn sized hat.  You can find the link to the PDF pattern for this hat as well as many others on her page here.


Day 24 - The Granny Hat designed by The Quiet Koala.  I really love the look of a granny hat but this one turned out rather large when following the directions so I took the time to modify this to get a true newborn size.  I used an F hook and had to omit the last round of hdc. Only worked 6 rounds of the granny pattern before working 3 rounds of sc. I ended up with a newborn size beanie with a circumference of 11-12 inches and a height of 4.5 - 5 inches.  I think it turned out pretty well.  You can find her pattern here.  


Day 25 - This one is called Smooches and was designed by Kristen Jancuk.  I love the X O pattern around the edge of the hat.  You can download the free PDF for this pattern from Ravelry here.  


Day 26 - is the Newborn Crochet Beanie Pattern designed by Dear Baby G.  There is an alternate boy style edging on the pattern as well.  While I am not overly fond of Dear Baby G's blog subtitle, the pattern makes it worth overlooking.  You can find the direct link to the pattern on her blog here.  


Day 27 - I think this is my favorite hat so far.  It is the Knitted Baby Bow hat designed by Twenty Something Granny.  Super simple and quick to knit up but it is adorable (the picture doesn't do it justice!).  I love that she created the pattern because of a picture she saw on Pinterest.  You can find her free pattern (and see the original Pinterest pic) here.  


Day 28 - Little Petals Baby Crocodile Stitch Hat designed by Laura Tegg.  I had been curious about the crocodile stitch so when I saw this pattern I decided to give it a try.  It isn't a difficult stitch, but it is a yarn eater!  You can find this hat in 3 different sized as a PDF download on Ravelry here.  

So those are my hats from last week.  Hard to believe that there are only 12 hats left!  

Until next time,