Wednesday, June 22, 2011

June Blooms Day 22

Our last full week of flowers fellow Sunflowers.  It's been fun and I have to say my house is looking very colorful!  Well, Princess A looks colorful and my furniture has a few pretty granny flower pillows, and my dining room has some colorful flowers in vases.  My kitchen however looks kind of blah.  So this week it's flowers in the kitchen! 

So we begin with these
 
cute little flower scrubbers.  Work the petals with a cotton yarn and the center is one of those plastic scrubbies you can get 3 to a pack at the Dollar Tree.  The pattern was designed by Kathy Jivery and you can find the pattern here. When it gets yucky (yes, that IS a word!) just throw it in your laundry.

Or, if you are looking for something where you can replace the scrubby try this pattern by Carol J. Floyd.  She modified the above pattern to create a "pocket" for the scrubby. 

Until next time,