Saturday, March 2, 2013

40 Hats in 40 Days week 3

It was girl's week again last week.  Here are the hats I finished.  My box is full so I will be mailing out to God's Tiny Angels this week.  Here are the hats I made and the links to the free patterns.  All hats were made with Bernat Baby Sport yarn in colorway Candy Baby.


This pattern is called Cap 2 Match and was designed by Suzetta Williams.  It was designed to match a collared sleep sack (also available on her site).  Although the pattern was written for worsted weight yarn, I was able to modify it by casting on 80 stitches and then doing a k1 p1 ribbing pattern for an inch before beginning rows 5-8.  You can find the pattern here.  


This is the Simple Newborn Hat with a Touch of Lace designed by Ginny Sheller.  You can't really see the lace pattern unless it is on a baby's head, but it's there.  I think this would look much better in a cotton yarn rather than this acrylic blend.  You can find the pattern on her blog here.  


This one works up SUPER quick.  It's the Picot and Lace Baby Cloche designed by Annaliese.  I finally decided to look up the definition of cloche since I had no idea what it meant.  It is simply a bell shaped hat.  You can find the pattern over on her blog Aesthetic Nest or by clicking here.  She has several other cute patterns available on her site also.  


Do you remember the gnome hat I made last week with the mock cable that took me forever?  This hat uses the mock cable also and I was right.  The first one took so long because it was a  new stitch for me.  This one worked up in a day!  Of course the first 2 1/2 inches are a k1 p1 ribbing which does make it go lots faster.  This hat is designed by Lenore English and can be found on her blog, tatt3r's knittingstuff, or by clicking here.  



This is one of my patterns, the Shells and Vines baby hat.  I have a sweater pattern to match it.  Both are available free on my site.  This is the direct link to the hat pattern.



The last hat of the week was designed by "Wormie".  It's called the Crazy Cute & Easy Baby Hat and the pattern can be found here.  I used to make blankets using this stitch pattern.  Never thought to use it for a hat.

Got a special surprise coming for you Monday.  I designed a new hat.  This one is knit and I am going to share the pattern with you!

Until next time,