Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Ear Saver pattern

Like the rest of the country I have been quarantined, 36 days and counting here, and trying to stay busy.  Homeschooling of the littles has continued, despite our state public schools now being canceled for the remaining portion of the year.  The house still needs cleaned and the yard still needs work.  One good thing to come of this is that I have picked up my hook and begun to work on some projects again in between sewing masks for our local hospitals and working up some ear savers.

I have also reopened up my Etsy shop.  Recently I made a few of these cute little Peanut the Pups to donate to our American Heritage Girls troop.  Theywill be added to the HUGS bags we make and donate to local foster organizations.  My 2 year old son absolutely loves them and carries them all over the house.  I may have to make him one of his own once things open back up and these actually make it to our AHG group!  You can find Peanut in my Etsy shop if you want one of your own.  Here are a few pics:

 

Most of what I have been working on, though, are these little ear savers to be worn with the masks that so many are wearing to protect themselves from the Covid-19 virus.  Prolonged use of the masks is causing their ears to become sore.  This little device allows you to hook the ear loops of the mask over the buttons behind your head, thus relieving the pressure on the sensitive skin behind your ears.  They are super quick and simple to work up.  Here is how I make mine....



You will need:
Cotton worsted weight yarn, or yarn of your choice.  
3.75 mm hook (size F)
yarn needle
2 buttons

chain 15 stitches.  Work dc in 3rd stitch from hook and each stitch across to last stitch.  In last stitch work 3 dc.  Turn your work and dc in each stitch on the opposite side.  Your last stitch should be in the same chain as the beginning stitch.  join to top of chain. Weave in ends.  Sew button to each end. 

See?  Super simple!  Stay safe!